2011 NBA Playoffs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SBS

Reaction score
Paul, Stoudimire, and Anthony together. Ooooh. I love that. Honestly I've been a Knicks fan for about 3 years now since I started watching the NBA and to me what really showed in their series with the Celtics was their lack of Experience in big game situations. Add the fact that Chauncey was hurt and it wasn't going to be good. I think the Celtics are going to take the East again this year, if not them I'm saying the Bulls with the Heat in third.

And how about those sixers baby. Turner and Williams coming up big to force the series to go back to Miami. Of course I expect Miami to light them up down there in game 5 but it is so uplifting to see the underdog win at least a game. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a change in the east as young teams like philly, NY, and Indiana are going to get better, as the Heat, Magic, and Celtics are getting older. We shall see though.

Lucky

Reaction score
My predictions for this round:

OKC beat MEM in 5.
LAL beat DAL in 6.
CHI beat ATL in 6.
MIA beat BOS in 6.

Lucky

Reaction score
Forgive my hate here, but how great is it to see Boston and LA both down 2-0?

Sure, with Boston you could expect it as they were in Miami to start the series, but the Lakers look absolutely DONE.

Artest with that clothesline last night on Barea was ridiculous. Some things never change.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am another that is very happy to see Boston and Lakers down 2-0. Hopefully neither team can stage a comeback, Boston is highly unlikely due to them facing Miami but Lakers are a possibility, as it will be nice seeing some different teams making it to the end.

My predictions after each team has played two games are;

Chicago in 6
Miami in 4
Oklahoma in 6
Dallas in 5

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Chicago picked up a 99-82 win to move to a 2-1 lead in their series against Atlanta. Rose hit a huge 44 points and seven assists. Each game this series he has top scored for Chicago and has also topped the team in assists.

Boston won at home 97-81 to get a win on the board but still trail Miami 1-2. Garnett and Pierce lead the way for Boston with Garnett netting 18 rebounds to go with 28 points. I still think that Miami will take the series.

Dallas extended their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. If they clean sweep this it will be huge, I certainly wouldn't have predicted that at the start of the playoffs. Nowitzki lead Dallas in scoring again to give them a 98-92 win.

In game three of the Memphis vs. Oklahoma City series it went to overtime after the scores being tied 86-86 after normal time. OKT will rue wasting a great opportunity after wasting a 13 point lead at the final break. This series looks like it will go down to the wire.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If I was a Laker Fan I would be absolutely embarrassed by the actions of Odom and especially Bynum today. That's was a slap in the face to Phil in what should very well be his last game ever.

Lucky

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that'll be his last game though. I expect him to go to NY at some point, if not this year, then next year.

How awesome was that Grizzlies-Thunder game last night? WOW.

What a marathon.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I have been meaning to post in this, but I have been busy.

Lakers should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. It was disgusting what they did and it showed no class. I think the Lakers will go all about for Dwight Howard or expect a rebuilding. After that act, I highly doubt Bynum will be back. Dallas was a tough matchup for them with so many options to shoot the three. Terry and Peja were nightmare matchups for LA with Kidd being the passer he is. Pau continues to be soft and couldn't keep up with Dirk. Dallas is a major threat to win it all, which is crazy considering people thought Portland would upset them in the 1st round.

I stayed up for Memphis vs Thunder and it was a classic. How the Thunder came back from 17 is remarkable. I don't like their odds to go farther than the next rounds because their lack of offensive threats concern me but they should get through this series. They have all the momentum with Westbrook and Durant being the dynamic duo. Westbrook played like a man possessed, it was amazing to watch. The Grizzles poor shooting has caught up to them, they need some better wing play then what they are getting. Gasol and Randolph are getting too much pressure.

The Bulls Hawks series has heated up and I am shocked. I can't take the Hawks seriously, but with Joe Johnson not choking like usual in the playoffs it has been close. I still expect the Bulls to go through but being a die hard Heat fan I hope not. Hawks seem a bit inconsistent and lack the star power that the Bulls have. I expect Rose to continue to have a great series and also Boozer/Noah to step up. I can't see either team in the finals because of.....

The Heat have really started to show why they are the best team in the NBA. They are always dangerous and get the job done. Other than Game 3 collapse due to poor defense on the interior and bad shooting, they have played a great series. LeBron finally had a big time game in Boston first time in a long time ( other than his debut with the Heat and that Game 7 in 2007, when has he ever done good in Boston?). Wade has been consistent all series, he has been the MVP since LeBron stunk in Game 3. Bosh has really frustrated me, but he got the job done last night and played tough. Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony are the x-factors, if they play well the Heat usually win ( other than Game 3). Udonis Haslem returning is also something to watch. Boston looked tired and ready to give it in. Allen has had a bad series after shooting lights out in first series. Rondo is playing with one arm and KG was horrible last night after an amazing Game 3. Shaq needs to retire as well, the guy can't run anymore. Miami will end this series tomorrow, because they never really lose at home..

Dademo

Reaction score
Phil Jackson coming to New York would be amazing, we need to get rid of Mike D'Antoni for sure.

As for Lamar Odem and Andrew Bynum's actions.. it doesn't matter if it's the heat of the moment, that's disrespectful to the Mavericks and to Phil Jackson to go out the way they did. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

The second round I haven't been watching much, just because I've been off Spring Break and been busy. The Hawks vs. Bulls is a good series though as I watched a couple of encore games late at night. I like the Hawks and I'd love for them to pull of the upset.

And how about the Heat eh? I've never hated on them and I love the way they are treating the Celtics right now, a team I despise. I can't wait for them to finish this series off tomorrow night.

Anyways, I'm predicting a 2006 NBA final rematch with the Heat and the Mavericks. Both teams are doing well though so I won't make a prediction. I think the Grizzlies can get past the Thunder, but I think they'll fall short. I agree with Big Red, the pressure seems to be getting to Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol. Interesting to see how that series will play out though, maybe the Thunder will win it.

As for other news, I'm hoping the Knicks can sign Dwight Howard but that's too much to ask because once Chauncey is gone I know Donnie Walsh is going after Chris Paul. We need a big man though, Jared Jeffries and Turiaf aren't cutting it and I'm looking at Greg Oden, Tyson Chandler, or Marc Gasol.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Nice post Dademo, but first off Greg Oden is the last guy you would want to get. He has showed how injury prone he has and you don't want to invest in him. With how good the teams are doing, I can't see Tyson or Marc leaving. I know Tyson loves Dallas life and Marc looks like it too but you never know. Knicks should simply just draft a center and develop him, it would make more sense.

If the Grizzles could come back after collapsing, I will be shocked. Thunder look like they are in control now, but watch them lose tonight and now they have to go back to Memphis with elimination on their mind. Bulls got the job done last night, Crawford played horrible while Rose did his thing. Luol Deng also had a breakout game which is huge for Chicago if they can get him going. If Miami can't finish Boston tonight, I am going to be worried heading back to Boston. They need to put this team down before they catch fire. Also Bynum got a 5 game suspension on that foul, I would have given him more but whatever, My math teacher said 25 games, I was like no way that was happening.

Dademo

Reaction score
Good points Big Red, it's just that many projections have the Knicks drafting a SG/SF which is exactly what we don't need. I think Landry Fields can perform well next year. Hopefully we can draft a Center though, unless we do pick up a free agent center.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The first Conference Final has been booked. Miami vs Chicago for the Eastern Conference title. Excellent match-up with two teams in great form. Miami will win unless Rose gets some more help from Boozer and Deng, he can't do it on his own and that is what LeBron learnt at Cleveland.

Dallas are already through to the Western Conference final and Oklahoma have found some form to now be 3-2 up in their series with Memphis. Oklahoma should go through to the next stage but I can't see them beating Dallas.

I would like to see a Chicago vs Dallas final but I think we will see a repeat of the 2006 finals with Miami facing Dallas.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Memphis vs OKT has gone to the seventh game after Memphis won game six 95-83. The final game is in Oklahoma so I have to go with them for the win.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
After the first two matches of each Conference Final it is looking like we are in for some good series. Chicago and Miami are tied 1-1 but I have a feeling that Miami are going to run away with it. Dallas and OKT are also 1-1 and it looks like Dirk Nowitski will lead Dallas to the Final.